Thursday, December 3, 2020

December 3 - The Lion and the Little Red Bird , by Elisa Kleven

The first time I read, The Lion and the Little Red Bird was when I was a children’s librarian at the Wenatchee Public LIbrary.  It was such a wonderful job, and opportunity to learn so much from my fellow librarians. I felt so lucky to discover the many books that we shared with the families and children. Elisa’s books were always bright, colorful and told stories of wonderful magical characters. When I read this book, I imagine the sweetness of the little red bird’s curious song, and the gentleness of a lion who is a painter.  It is amazing when the author of one of your favorite books becomes a friend to you. In one of my last year’s of working at the Entiat Public Library, I invite Elisa to come to visit our branches, and was delighted to host her for about a week. She continues to be a friend, and we occasionally write and share small gestures  of appreciation for each other . 



 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/701644.The_Lion_and_the_Little_Red_Bird

No comments:

Post a Comment