Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Dec. 15 - Practice makes Perfect... sort of

 Who is this whistling little lamb we see here behind the shutters of Dec. 15? 

Lamby!  The Lamby Show is written and illustrated by Ruthie Nicklaus! I believe it is  her first  children’s books. I will relate as best I can the circumstances that led to the creation of this story. Years ago, Ruthie and Cam were having dinner with Artie and Julee and some other friends who had a little girl who put on a “show” with a stuffed lamb toy. I think the lamb didn’t quite cooperate, or perhaps it just tumbled over in the middle of the show, which caused the little girl to cry inconsolably. Poor sweetie, and poor lambie. I had a similar experiences with Beau, when I entered an agility contest with him and we both fell apart - he lost all concentration and so did I , which caused me to fall and actually break my wrist ( incidentally, just a week after he had been a factor in my breaking my other wrist and elbow) . Life is full of surprises and unexpected incidents. When you are young, tears come freely and quickly, but life continues.  Remember that . Falls teach us to walk, then run , then fly! 



No comments:

Post a Comment