Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Sometimes a lonesome feeling

It was a lovely day, cold and crisp, and if you wore wool and down or if you had fur , it was just right.  Walking through the park, the sun beamed through the clouds, and we ran, weaving in and out between the slim trunks of the bare saplings. I tossed the ball that maybe would have been returned by a small boy or girl if things were different, but a dog is playing the game with me this year. 
There were fellow creatures - geese, ducks and other birds,  but none of our own kind. Beau wants me to be a playmate, but I will never run as fast or enjoy the snow and grass like he does. He will never share a  thoughtful conversation, no matter how intensely he gazes at me.  It is all right, we both are doing well and are thankful, but there is a melancholy to being apart from the mate, the parents,  the siblings, the children that are so numerous but so widespread.  I cannot imagine the heartache of families separated by wars, disasters, and human cruelty. There are more tomorrows, and  I hope that you my dear children and grandchildren know that I think of you many times a day and look yearningly to the days we spend together and share sweet moments of laughter, stories, and simply being near to each other.  I miss you all so much tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment